Why Join Our Association?
What does the Self Storage Association of South Carolina do?
We educate operators about State law in respect to operating in South Carolina, as well as better business practices Assist operators with resources to improve day to day operations Represent owners and operators in legislative issues, watch for changes and work to affect better, updated laws that will help both customers and the operators.
Why should I join the Self Storage Association of South Carolina?
Becoming a member of SSASC, gives you direct access to new information and legislative updates in South Carolina. Attending quarterly meetings, provides you with exposure to new operating techniques; new technologies tailored to Self Storage facilities; new marketing concepts; revenue generating ideas and expense cutting techniques; networking; and perhaps the most valuable reason, learning about the things that didn’t work and that you should avoid…
Joining the SSASC is your next step toward creating a highly successful Self Storage operation.
What other benefits do I get as a member?
- Use of our Association sponsored Rental Agreement Use of a Lien Sale Checklist and Operational Forms that was compiled by some of the best operators in the State
- Attendance to our local quarterly meetings and the great educational and networking opportunities. One attendee free per membership.
- Annual Trade show and Expo that pulls Storage Professionals from all over the Southeast
- Our list of Vendor Members that offer special deals and discounts to SSASC members
- Legislative Advocacy: The SSASC monitors legislative issues, and discusses possible plans of action of current political matters. Click here to learn more.
- Affiliate Membership to the National Self Storage Association. This partnership provides SSASC members access to the following:
- An annual subscription to the monthly SSA Globe magazine
- Free call-in attendance to SSA’s On-line University live Webinars
- Access to the SSA-MiniCo Health Insurance Programs (both Major Medical as well as Limited Benefit plans)
- Discounted Indirect Member Pricing for the Legal Network Affiliate Plan
- Special “Indirect Member” discounted pricing to all SSA Conferences and Trade Shows (Register online and select the state and internal affiliate category. No member number is required).
- Special “Indirect Member” discounted pricing on all SSA Publications (Contact Mike Blackett, SVP of Marketing and Communications at email@example.com).
- Special “Indirect Member” discounted pricing on all SSA stand-alone educational seminars or programs
Special “Indirect Member” discounted pricing on all SSA-REIS Quarterly (Rental Rate &Occupancy) Data Reports on the Top Fifty U.S. Markets (279 Submarkets).